(2017) (Kristen Stewart, Sigrid Bouaziz) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A personal shopper spends her down time trying to contact her dead twin brother, all while contending with someone -- or something -- sending her anonymous text messages that seem to know her every move and location.
- Maureen Cartwright (KRISTEN STEWART) is a young woman who works as a personal shopper in Paris for wealthy socialite Kyra Gellman (NORA VON WALDSTATTEN), buying her expensive clothing, jewelry and such for public appearances. With her boyfriend, Gary (TY OLWIN), located somewhere else around the globe, she spends her downtime trying to contact the spirit of her twin brother, Lewis, who died three months ago. His girlfriend, Lara (SIGRID BOUAZIZ), allows Maureen -- who's also a medium of sorts -- into their former and now empty house, and Maureen does have a supernatural encounter, but then realizes it's not her brother's spirit.
But she then starts receiving text messages from an anonymous sender who seems to know her every move and location, all of which makes her wonder if that might somehow be her brother's spirit. From that point on, she tries to figure out who's sending them and whether her brother's spirit is indeed around and trying to contact her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're big fans of Kristen Stewart they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some language, sexuality, nudity and a bloody violent image.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.