(2017) (Josh Brolin, Miles Teller) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A team of firefighters strive to attain elite status, all while contending with the dangers of various wildfires they must battle.
- Eric Marsh (JOSH BROLIN) is the superintendent of Fire Station 7 in Prescott, Arizona. He's a seasoned firefighter and seems to have an innate knowledge of how wildfires will behave, but he and his crew must often take the back seat to elite hotshot crews from other jurisdictions. Accordingly, he wants his team to achieve that same status and pushes fire chief Duane Steinbrink (JEFF BRIDGES) to make that happen. While those on his team look forward to the prospects of that, including Eric's number two man, Jesse Steed (JAMES BADGE DALE), Eric's wife, Amanda (JENNIFER CONNELLY), is less than thrilled. She already worries about his safety and time spent away from home, and a promotion to hotshot status would only exacerbate that.
One young man who wants in on the action is former deadbeat drug user Brendan McDonough (MILES TELLER) who's decided he must turn his life around now that he's fathered a baby with Natalie (NATALIE HALL), even if that young woman initially doesn't want him around. Nor does Station 7 member Christopher MacKenzie (TAYLOR KITSCH) who knows of Brendan's burnout past. As Brendan tries to prove his worth to him and the rest of the crew, Eric does what he can to get his seasoned veterans and green rookies ready to pass their hotshot evaluation, all while battling various wildfires, some of which grow into quick moving and very dangerous disasters.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might be drawn to it, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast or are interested in movies about firefighters.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic content, some sexual references, language and drug material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.