(2017) (voices of Tara Strong, Emily Blunt) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Adventure: A sextet of talking ponies elude capture by an evil pony and leave their land in hopes of finding help to defeat her and her master.
- A celebration is about to take place in Ponyville, with Twilight Sparkle (voice of TARA STRONG), the pony Princess of Friendship, in charge of the festivities, with her loyal assistant, Spike the Dragon (voice of CATHY WESELUCK), at her side. But invaders then disrupt the event as the broken-horned Tempest Shadow (voice of EMILY BLUNT) arrives with her assistant, Grubber (voice of MICHAEL PEŅA), and other goons.
They work for The Storm King (voice of LIEV SCHREIBER) who wants to get his hands on the magic possessed by Twilight Sparkle and three other pony princesses. They manage to capture those other three, but Twilight Sparkle, along with the rest of the Mane 6 -- Applejack (voice of ASHLEIGH BALL), Rainbow Dash (voice of ASHLEIGH BALL), Pinkie Pie (voice of ASHLEIGH LIBMAN), Fluttershy (voice of ASHLEIGH LIBMAN) and Rarity (voice of TABITHA ST. GERMAIN) -- manage to escape, with them last mishearing the instructions that they should find the "hippo queen" for help.
The six ponies then embark on a journey out of Equestria where they meet a variety of characters along the way whose motives come into question. There's Capper (voice of TAYE DIGGS), a street cat who's in debt and seemingly helps the ponies but does so only in hopes of selling them to the highest bidder. There's also Captain Celaeno (voice of ZOE SALDANA), and her ragtag group of birds who now work making deliveries for The Storm King, but were once pirates of the sky.
And finally there's Princess Skystar (voice of KRISTIN CHENOWETH), a pony who now lives under the sea with her mother, Queen Novo (voice of UZO ADUBA), thanks to a magic pearl that's transformed them and kept them and their kind hidden from The Storm King. With Tempest Shadow and her goons hot on their trail, Twilight Sparkle and her friends try to elude them and get help for those back in Equestria.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the "My Little Pony" franchise they definitely will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For mild action.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.