(2017) (Channing Tatum, Adam Driver) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Crime Caper: Two brothers enlist the help of others in their attempt to rob money from the Charlotte Motor Speedway during a big race.
- It's been said that bad luck afflicts the Logan family of West Virginia, and Jimmy (CHANNING TATUM) and Clyde (ADAM DRIVER) can attest to that. Clyde lost his arm in the military and now works as a bartender, while Jimmy's just lost his construction job due to an undisclosed but old leg injury. To make matters worse, his ex-wife, Bobbie Jo Chapman (KATIE HOLMES), states she's taking their daughter, Sadie (FARRAH MACKENZIE), and moving across the state line to Virginia with her new husband, auto dealer Moody (DAVID DENMAN), and his kids.
Needing money, and having recently worked under the Charlotte Motor Speedway doing construction, Jimmy convinces his sibling that they should rob the place during a big race, what with money from the event traveling through pneumatic tubes below the stadium. But they'll need help with the vault and that's where veteran criminal Joe Bang (DANIEL CRAIG) and his expertise will come in. The only problem is he's currently in prison under the watchful eye of Warden Burns (DWIGHT YOAKAM) and his guards. So the brothers, with the help of their hairdresser sister, Mellie (RILEY KEOUGH), concoct a plan to get Clyde put in jail in order to break Joe out, all while also enlisting the aid of his brothers, Fish (JACK QUAID) and Sam (BRIAN GLEESON).
They must not only contend with the complications of that, but also TV celebrity Max Chilblain (SETH MACFARLANE) who had an earlier violent encounter with the Logan brothers, as well as Special Agent Sarah Grayson (HILARY SWANK) from the FBI who shows up after the fact and wants to find out who was involved.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teenagers might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast or of films by director Steven Soderbergh.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For language and some crude comments.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.