(2017) (Hugh Jackman, Dafne Keen) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: An ailing, middle-aged mutant reluctantly agrees to transport a young mutant -- who's being pursued by those who wish to do her harm -- across the country to a sanctuary he doesn't believe exists.
- It's been twenty-five years since the last natural-born mutant came into the world and the once mighty X-Men are a mere shadow of their former selves. In particular, Logan (HUGH JACKMAN), a.k.a. Wolverine, is seemingly being poisoned by the Adamantium placed long ago in his body and his self-healing powers are waning. He makes ends meet in Texas near the Mexican border as a limo driver, all while caring for his former mentor and X-Men leader, Charles Xavier (PATRICK STEWART), a.k.a. Professor X, who's suffering from old age and some degree of senility. With the help of former mutant tracker Caliban (STEPHEN MERCHANT), Logan has Charles hidden away on a remote farm where he's heavily medicated to prevent his powerful telepathy, that he can no longer control, from wreaking havoc on the world.
In doing so, Logan wants to keep a low profile and thus wants no part of a former nurse, Gabriella (ELIZABETH RODRIGUEZ), asking him to help transport a young girl, Laura (DAFNE KEEN), out of harm's way to someplace called Eden located in North Dakota. It turns out the nurse worked at the biotech company Transigen that was breeding children -- including Laura -- from DNA taken from various mutants to create powerful soldiers. Now that the program is completed, the children were to be put to death, but Gabriella and others smuggled some of them out. When Logan realizes part of him is in Laura -- in that she also possesses retractable metal claws and the ability to heal abnormally fast just like him -- and that Gabriella has been murdered, he reluctantly agrees to transport the girl.
But he must contend with his own ailing body, Charles not being much better, and a Transigen goon, Pierce (BOYD HOLBROOK), who wants to find Laura and exterminate her and the other mutant kids created by Transigen and their lead director, Dr. Zander Rice (RICHARD E. GRANT).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the X-Men films and characters, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong brutal violence and language throughout, and for brief nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.