(2017) (voices of Elle Fanning, Carly Rae Jepsen) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Musical: In 19th century France, an 11-year-old orphan girl runs away from her orphanage to Paris, hoping to realize her dream of becoming a famous ballerina.
- In 19th century France, Felicie (voice of ELLE FANNING) is an 11-year-old girl who lives a humdrum existence in a rural orphanage. With adoption unlikely, she dreams of running off to Paris with her best friend and fellow orphan, Victor (voice of NAT WOLFF), and becoming a famous ballerina. Victor is clearly smitten with her and concocts a plan of escape, evading the stern headmaster, Luteau (voice of MEL BROOKS), to jump a train to the City of Lights.
Once in Paris, Felicie meets a woman named Odette (voice of CARLY RAE JEPSEN), a former dancer who suffered a bad leg injury and is now a cleaning lady at both the Grand Opera House and the home of the cruel Regine (KATE McKINNON). Regine has raised an equally mean and entitled daughter named Camille (voice of MADDIE ZIEGLER), who is on the verge of being accepted to a prestigious ballet training program at the Grand Opera House. Felicie intercepts the girl's acceptance letter and steals her spot in the class.
Separately, Victor has found work as an apprentice to Gustave Eiffel (who is not seen in the film), the man who designed the Eiffel Tower and also contributed to the building of the Statue of Liberty. Victor dreams of being an inventor to impress Felicie, but she is smitten with a handsome boy dancer named Rudolph (voice of TAMIR KAPELIAN). When Felicie's ruse is discovered, though, her whole future is thrown into jeopardy.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Young children and some teens, especially those who love to watch the various TV dance shows, will have interest due to the subject matter and the pop stars who provide voices and/or songs.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some impolite humor and action.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.