(2017) (Woody Harrelson, Jennifer Jason Leigh) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A longtime politician strives to be elected President of the U.S. and must then contend with being suddenly thrust into that position following an assassination.
- As the story jumps around from 1959 to 1963, we follow the path of politician Lyndon B. Johnson (WOODY HARRELSON) as he attempts -- with his wife, Lady Bird (JENNIFER JASON LEIGH), by his side -- to move from Majority Leader of the U.S. Senate to being the Democratic nominee for the 1960 Presidential election. But he must contend with frontrunner John F. Kennedy (JEFFREY DONOVAN) and not being liked by that man's Attorney General brother, Robert F. Kennedy (MICHAEL STAHL-DAVID), who sees Johnson as a relic from the past. That's unlike Senator Russell (RICHARD JENKINS) from the South who wants the past to remain as the present and is vehemently against the Civil Rights movement the Kennedys fully support and are trying to turn into law.
When Kennedy wins the primary and selects Johnson as his running mate and that ticket wins the general election, Lyndon must contend with his diminished role in politics as the Vice-President. With RFK's friend Kenny O'Donnell (MICHAEL MOSLEY) serving as the liaison between JFK and Johnson, Lyndon attempts to leverage his experience and connections on Capitol Hill to his advantage and thus make himself relevant as the battle for Civil Rights heats up. But when the president is assassinated, he must contend with suddenly being thrust into the position of the most powerful man in the world.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into political history might be interested, as might fans of anyone who's in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.