(2017) (Margot Robbie, Allison Janney) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: An Olympic hopeful, abused most of her life, tries to return to the Olympics, only to have her ex-husband and his buddy throw a monkey wrench into her plans.
- Years after an incident before the 1994 Winter Olympic Games became a sensational news story known around the world, a number of pivotal figures in that are interviewed for their take regarding their involvement in the attack on figure skater Nancy Kerrigan (CAITLIN CARVER).
Of course, that directly involves skating rival Tonya Harding (MARGOT ROBBIE) who grew up with a demanding and physically abusive mother in LaVona Golden (ALLISON JANNEY) with whom she's now mostly estranged from as a young adult.
But just like she contended with abuse as a child, she continued to experience that at the hands of her boyfriend, Jeff Gillooly (SEBASTIAN STAN), who eventually became her husband in a tormented marriage.
And things then got worse when he and his would-be bodyguard pal, Shawn (PAUL WALTER HAUSER), decided to help out Tonya's chances of going for the gold by eliminating her rival. As their look-back perspectives intertwine, we come to see what formed Tonya into the person she was at the height of her success, as well as what happened following the attack.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those interested in the real-life story might be interested as might anyone who's a fan of someone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive language, violence, and some sexual content/nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.