(2017) (Reese Witherspoon, Pico Alexander) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A recently separated woman moves from New York City to Los Angeles with her two daughters and takes in three young filmmakers, one of whom becomes her lover.
- Alice Kinney (REESE WITHERSPOON) is a 40-year-old woman who's recently separated from her music business husband, Austen (MICHAEL SHEEN), and has moved from New York City to Los Angeles where she's now living in the house formerly owned by her late filmmaker father. With her former actress mom, Lillian Stewart (CANDICE BERGEN), nearby, Alice is raising daughters Isabel (LOLA FLANERY) and Rosie (EDEN GRACE REDFIELD) on her own, and is hoping to make a go of it as an interior designer, and she's recently landed a wealthy socialite, Zoey (LAKE BELL), as her first client.
She has no interest in romance, but that changes when she meets Harry (PICO ALEXANDER), a 27-year-old aspiring filmmaker, at a bar. Along with his actor brother, Teddy (NAT WOLFF), and their screenwriter partner, George (JON RUDNITSKY), the trio is hoping to make it big in Hollywood and have already landed a meeting with a successful producer, Justin (REID SCOTT). Alice and Harry end up nearly sleeping together, but decide they should keep things platonic, what with Lillian deciding the three young men should move into Alice's guest house in order to save money on rent.
The three men end up becoming something of father figures to Alice's girls, and that and the rekindled romance between her and Harry doesn't sit well with Austen who decides to make an unannounced visit. From that point on, Alice must decide which man she wants in her and her girls' lives.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens who are into romantic comedies or are fans of Witherspoon or anyone else in the cast might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some thematic and sexual material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.