(2017) (Reese Witherspoon, Pico Alexander) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A recently separated woman moves from New York City to Los Angeles with her two daughters and takes in three young filmmakers, one of whom becomes her lover.
- Alice Kinney (REESE WITHERSPOON) is a 40-year-old woman who's recently separated from her music business husband, Austen (MICHAEL SHEEN), and has moved from New York City to Los Angeles where she's now living in the house formerly owned by her late filmmaker father. With her former actress mom, Lillian Stewart (CANDICE BERGEN), nearby, Alice is raising daughters Isabel (LOLA FLANERY) and Rosie (EDEN GRACE REDFIELD) on her own, and is hoping to make a go of it as an interior designer, and she's recently landed a wealthy socialite, Zoey (LAKE BELL), as her first client.
She has no interest in romance, but that changes when she meets Harry (PICO ALEXANDER), a 27-year-old aspiring filmmaker, at a bar. Along with his actor brother, Teddy (NAT WOLFF), and their screenwriter partner, George (JON RUDNITSKY), the trio is hoping to make it big in Hollywood and have already landed a meeting with a successful producer, Justin (REID SCOTT). Alice and Harry end up nearly sleeping together, but decide they should keep things platonic, what with Lillian deciding the three young men should move into Alice's guest house in order to save money on rent.
The three men end up becoming something of father figures to Alice's girls, and that and the rekindled romance between her and Harry doesn't sit well with Austen who decides to make an unannounced visit. From that point on, Alice must decide which man she wants in her and her girls' lives.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens who are into romantic comedies or are fans of Witherspoon or anyone else in the cast might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some thematic and sexual material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.