(2017) (Robert Pattinson, Benny Safdie) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A young man attempts to rescue his brother when their bank robbery attempt doesn't play out as planned.
- Connie Nikas (ROBERT PATTINSON) is a young man who's overly protective of his adult brother, Nick (BENNY SAFDIE), who's somewhat mentally challenged. In need of money, Connie has Nick assist him in robbing a bank, and they nearly get away with that until the dye packs explode during their getaway. Nick ends up captured by the police and Nick then goes to his girlfriend, Corey Ellman (JENNIFER JASON LEIGH), in hopes that she can use her mom's credit card to pay for Nick's parole. Unbeknownst to them, Nick has been hospitalized after a brutal fight has left his face entirely bandaged, and he's under police guard at the local hospital.
Connie then attempts to rescue him from there, all of which results in him meeting and needing assistance from 16-year-old Crystal (TALIAH WEBSTER); making an unanticipated acquaintance out of small-time drug dealer Ray (BUDDY DURESS); and having a violent run-in with Dash (BARKHAD ABDI), a nighttime security guard at a local amusement park. During all of that, Connie does what he can to be reunited with his brother.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be enticed by the buzz around the film, while fans of Pattinson might be interested as well.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, violence, drug use and sexual content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.