(2017) (Robert Pattinson, Benny Safdie) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A young man attempts to rescue his brother when their bank robbery attempt doesn't play out as planned.
- Connie Nikas (ROBERT PATTINSON) is a young man who's overly protective of his adult brother, Nick (BENNY SAFDIE), who's somewhat mentally challenged. In need of money, Connie has Nick assist him in robbing a bank, and they nearly get away with that until the dye packs explode during their getaway. Nick ends up captured by the police and Nick then goes to his girlfriend, Corey Ellman (JENNIFER JASON LEIGH), in hopes that she can use her mom's credit card to pay for Nick's parole. Unbeknownst to them, Nick has been hospitalized after a brutal fight has left his face entirely bandaged, and he's under police guard at the local hospital.
Connie then attempts to rescue him from there, all of which results in him meeting and needing assistance from 16-year-old Crystal (TALIAH WEBSTER); making an unanticipated acquaintance out of small-time drug dealer Ray (BUDDY DURESS); and having a violent run-in with Dash (BARKHAD ABDI), a nighttime security guard at a local amusement park. During all of that, Connie does what he can to be reunited with his brother.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be enticed by the buzz around the film, while fans of Pattinson might be interested as well.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, violence, drug use and sexual content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.