(2017) (Regina Hall, Queen Latifah) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Four college friends reunite in New Orleans to deal with their personal issues and get into all sorts of debauchery.
- Ryan Pierce (REGINA HALL) is a successful author of self-help books married to a famous football player, Stewart (MIKE COLTER). But she misses her old college roommates, dubbed "The Flossy Posse," and engineers a reunion in New Orleans during a weekend festival honoring African-American women. Her friends include Sasha (QUEEN LATIFAH), a once-promising journalist who now runs a celebrity gossip website; Lisa (JADA PINKETT-SMITH), a divorcee with two young kids; and Dina (TIFFANY HADDISH), who's still an irrepressible party girl with a hot temper.
Through Sasha's sources in the paparazzi, the ladies quickly discover that Stewart is having an affair with a much younger woman named Simone (DEBORAH AYORINDE). Sasha debates whether to publish the incriminating photos, as she is behind on her bills, on the verge of eviction, and needs a big scoop. Meanwhile, Ryan flirts with an old college friend turned bass guitarist, Julian (LARENZ TATE); Lisa considers having a fling with a much younger man, Malik (KOFI SIRIBOE); and Dina discovers a love of absinthe.
But old jealousies and insecurities threaten the four women's relationship. Matters are brought to a boil when Ryan's agent, Elizabeth (KATE WALSH), puts together an extremely lucrative deal for Ryan and Stewart to host their own TV talk show -- as long as they continue to put forth the image of the perfect couple. The Flossy Posse urges Ryan to be true to herself and come clean to her fans.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens, especially African-American girls, will be drawn to its cast, themes, and R-rated hilarity.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude and sexual content throughout, pervasive language, brief graphic nudity, and drug material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.