(2017) (Regina Hall, Queen Latifah) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Four college friends reunite in New Orleans to deal with their personal issues and get into all sorts of debauchery.
- Ryan Pierce (REGINA HALL) is a successful author of self-help books married to a famous football player, Stewart (MIKE COLTER). But she misses her old college roommates, dubbed "The Flossy Posse," and engineers a reunion in New Orleans during a weekend festival honoring African-American women. Her friends include Sasha (QUEEN LATIFAH), a once-promising journalist who now runs a celebrity gossip website; Lisa (JADA PINKETT-SMITH), a divorcee with two young kids; and Dina (TIFFANY HADDISH), who's still an irrepressible party girl with a hot temper.
Through Sasha's sources in the paparazzi, the ladies quickly discover that Stewart is having an affair with a much younger woman named Simone (DEBORAH AYORINDE). Sasha debates whether to publish the incriminating photos, as she is behind on her bills, on the verge of eviction, and needs a big scoop. Meanwhile, Ryan flirts with an old college friend turned bass guitarist, Julian (LARENZ TATE); Lisa considers having a fling with a much younger man, Malik (KOFI SIRIBOE); and Dina discovers a love of absinthe.
But old jealousies and insecurities threaten the four women's relationship. Matters are brought to a boil when Ryan's agent, Elizabeth (KATE WALSH), puts together an extremely lucrative deal for Ryan and Stewart to host their own TV talk show -- as long as they continue to put forth the image of the perfect couple. The Flossy Posse urges Ryan to be true to herself and come clean to her fans.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens, especially African-American girls, will be drawn to its cast, themes, and R-rated hilarity.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude and sexual content throughout, pervasive language, brief graphic nudity, and drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.