(2017) (Alycia Debnam-Carey, William Moseley) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Following the suicide of a loner classmate who was cyber-stalking her, a college student must contend with supernatural events that afflict her and her friends.
- Laura (ALYCIA DEBNAM-CAREY) is a college student who's popular both in person and online where she has more than eight hundred friends on Facebook. Accordingly, she draws the interest of loner student Marina (LIESL AHLERS) who sends Laura a friend request and gets accepted mainly due to the well-made animation videos on her page. But when Marina seemingly becomes obsessed with Laura and begins cyber-stalking her, Laura has no other recourse but to unfriend her. Marina then commits suicide and the video of that ends up posted on Laura's Facebook page, much to her surprise and horror.
It's not long after that when Laura's roommates -- Olivia (BRIT MORGAN) and Isabel (BROOKE MARKHAM) -- along with the latter's boyfriend, Gustavo (SEAN MARQUETTE), platonic friend Kobe (CONNOR PAOLO), and med school student boyfriend Tyler (WILLIAM MOSELEY) begin to experience odd and then seemingly supernatural events, some of which leave some of them dead. And videos of that show up on Laura's Facebook page, causing her overall friend count to decrease quickly and dramatically. From that point on, she, Tyler and Kobe try to figure out what's causing this haunting and how to put an end to it.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's possible a few teens might be intrigued, especially if they're into horror movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For horror violence, disturbing images, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.