(2017) (Sharlto Copley, Brie Larson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Crime Thriller: Two rival crime gangs meet in a Boston warehouse circa 1978 and end up getting involved in an all-night gun battle.
- In late 1970s Massachusetts, a couple of Irish gangsters named Frank (MICHAEL SMILEY) and Chris (CILLIAN MURPHY) seek to purchase a truckload of firearms from South African arms dealers Vernon (SHARLTO COPLEY) and Martin (BABOU CEESAY). They are joined by Justine (BRIE LARSON), an intermediary for the Irishmen, and Ord (ARMIE HAMMER), a suave, smarmy American frontman for the arms dealers. No one trusts anyone.
Nevertheless, a deal is agreed upon and money is about to change hands. But then a preexisting feud between two foot soldiers on each side of the deal, hotheaded junkie Stevo (SAM RILEY) and trigger-happy driver Harry (JACK REYNOR), turns very violent, very fast, and a gun battle erupts. Everyone takes cover, as some of the players are shot. No one fatally at first.
But the longer the night goes on, the more people join the firefight like the tough-talking Gordon (NOAH TAYLOR) and the hired muscle, Bernie (ENZO CILENTI). The struggle to get to a phone in a distant, upstairs office to call out becomes a matter of life and death.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If the film gets a reputation for its hard-R language and gun violence, older teens may show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, pervasive language, sexual references, and drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.