(2017) (Ellen Page, Diego Luna) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror-Thriller: Five young medical students take part in an unsanctioned medical experiment to stop their hearts to see what is on the "other side" before being resuscitated. Once revived, though, bad things start happening to each.
- Obsessed with what happens to us after we die, medical student Courtney (ELLEN PAGE) has been secretly working on an experiment in which she will stop her heart and have some colleagues monitor her brainwave activity before they resuscitate her a minute or two later. She convinces fellow student and randy playboy Jamie (JAMES NORTON) and stressed-out classmate Sophia (KIERSEY CLEMONS) to monitor and revive her. When complications develop, Jamie and Sophia go get the older, smarter Ray (DIEGO LUNA) to save her life.
It's not long before another medical student, Marlo (NINA DOBREV) finds out about Courtney's experiment and wants in, especially when it appears that Courtney is able to retain knowledge better than she ever did before. She, Jamie, and Sophia all eventually "flatline" and are brought back to life by Ray. But, then, strange things start happening to each of the four. Courtney feels like she is being stalked by the ghost of her dead sister. Jamie sees visions of a former girlfriend he once impregnated and subsequently abandoned at an abortion clinic. Sophia is haunted by memories of a girl she bullied back in prep school. And Sophia is forced to confront a past incident in which she accidentally killed a man by giving him the wrong medication, and then falsified his autopsy report.
When one of them dies tragically, the other four have to find how to stop the dark forces that seem to be swirling around them and preying on their guilty consciences.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens may be attracted to its young stars, PG-13 rating, and the promise of scares.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence and terror, sexual content, language, thematic material, and some drug references.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.