(2017) (Ice Cube, Charlie Day) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: The toughest, meanest teacher at a high school challenges the wimpiest teacher on staff to a fight after he inadvertently gets him fired.
- Andy Campbell (CHARLIE DAY) is a rather wimpy English teacher in a tough private high school, who fears the latest round of budget cuts will mean his termination. He has a wife, Maggie (JoANNA GARCIA SWISHER), who is pregnant with their second child and a daughter, Ally (ALEXA NISENSON), who is being bullied at her elementary school and needs her dad to perform with her at her school's talent show.
Andy, though, is having the worst day at school. It's the last day of classes before summer break, and the seniors are pulling non-stop pranks. One of those pranks ends up inadvertently causing Andy to get a fellow teacher, Strickland (ICE CUBE), fired by Principal Tyler (DEAN NORRIS). But Strickland isn't just any ordinary teacher. He is an extremely foul-tempered, violent hulk of a man who challenges Andy to a fistfight after school. News of their impending brawl spreads like wildfire through the school, then across social media.
Andy seeks help from other staff members, including guidance counselor Holly (JILLIAN BELL), who has the hots for the school's top jock; Crawford (TRACY MORGAN), the school's straight-talking gym teacher and football coach; and Ms. Monet (CHRISTINA HENDRICKS), the French teacher who ends up siding with Strickland and plotting Andy's demise. Andy pulls out all the stops to get the fight called off, including enlisting the school's snarky drug-dealing sophomore, Neil (AUSTIN ZAJUR). But his fate seems sealed.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- With the high school setting, older teens will definitely have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, sexual content/nudity, and drug material. Interestingly, the MPAA did not cite the film's violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.