(2017) (Ed Helms, Owen Wilson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Adult twin brothers learn that their mother lied about who their dad was and set off on a quest to find their real father, learning along the way that their mom was quite promiscuous.
- Peter (ED HELMS) and Kyle (OWEN WILSON) Reynolds are twin brothers, who have been opposites all their lives. Peter is a divorced proctologist, who has a strained relationship with his young son. Kyle got lucky as the cover model on a popular bottle of barbecue sauce and has been living essentially as a wealthy beach bum in Hawaii ever since. He is finally in love, though, with a beautiful Hawaiian woman named Kaylani (JESSICA GOMES), and they are expecting their first child together.
The siblings are forced to come together, though, when their mom, Helen (GLENN CLOSE), confesses that the man she has always told them was their father and who had passed away before they were born was just a friend. She was a promiscuous woman back in the 1970s, and their dad is likely NFL legend Terry Bradshaw (HIMSELF).
Peter and Kyle set off to meet the former football great, but soon learn that their dad could be one of several men including a New York car thief named Roland (J.K. SIMMONS), a legendary New England cop named O'Callaghan (JACK McGEE), or Dr. Tinkler (CHRISTOPHER WALKEN), the veterinarian who's been in their lives since children. Along the way, Peter and Kyle befriend a funny hitchhiker (KATT WILLIAMS) and Peter has a one-night stand with a woman named Sarah (KATIE ASELTON) who could end up being his sister.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may be attracted to the film's R rating, especially those who grew up watching "The Hangover" movies or Owen Wilson comedies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and sexual references throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.