(2017) (Jason Drucker, Charlie Wright) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A 12-year-old goes on a zany four-day road trip with his family to get to his grandmother's 90th birthday party.
- Greg Heffley (JASON DRUCKER) is a 12-year-old boy whose life may as well be over, what with going viral on the Internet after video has spread of him accidentally getting his hand stuck on a soiled diaper at a restaurant's play area. To make matters worse, his parents -- Susan (ALICIA SILVERSTONE) and Frank (TOM EVERETT SCOTT) -- have just announced that the family -- that also includes 16-year-old Rodrick (CHARLIE WRIGHT) and their toddler brother, Manny (WYATT & DYLAN WALTERS) -- will be embarking on a four-day van trip to their grandmother's 90th birthday party.
To add insult to injury, Susan has announced this will be a technology free journey, not only shocking Greg and Rodrick, but also Frank who needs to work while on the road. Undeterred, Susan wants this to be a family bonding experience, all of which further complicates Greg's plan on trying to redeem his fragile social status. Having heard that online gamer Mac Digby (JOSHUA HOOVER) will be a gaming expo not far from his grandmother's house, Greg believes if he gets footage of him and Mac together, that might repair the damage from now having the moniker of "Diaper Hands."
Things become even more complicated when Greg accidentally runs afoul of a bearded father and his family. From that point on, Greg tries to avoid Mr. Beardo (CHRIS COPPOLA) all as one thing after another threatens his plan.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet some will, especially if they're fans of the previous films in this franchise or the books on which those are based. -
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.