(2017) (Anne Hathaway, Jason Sudeikis) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: An alcoholic woman discovers that her behavior in America is somehow fueling the actions of a towering monster in Seoul, South Korea.
- Gloria (ANNE HATHAWAY) was previously a writer for an online publication but she hasn't worked in over a year, the likely result of her drinking problems that have pushed her live-in boyfriend, Tim (DAN STEVENS), to the point that he's now kicked her out of his New York apartment. With nowhere else to go, she returns to her childhood hometown and takes up residence in her parents' empty house. It's not long after that when she runs into her former elementary school classmate, Oscar (JASON SUDEIKIS), who runs a local bar and ends up giving her a job there as a waitress. The two become drinking buddies, joined by Oscar's friends Garth (TIM BLAKE NELSON) and Joel (AUSTIN STOWELL).
During that, however, strange things start happening half-way around the world in Seoul, South Korea where a towering monster has begun materializing out of nowhere and damaging parts of the city and injuring residents before disappearing. As shocking as that is, Gloria is more disturbed by the fact that it appears this monster has the exact same mannerisms as her, all of which leads to her discovering that her behavior in a local park at a specific time of day is actually the cause of the monster's appearance and destructive behavior. While trying to wrap her head around that, she must also contend with her new friends' reaction to that, as well as Tim seemingly wanting to get back together with her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's possible since it's a monster movie, while fans of Hathaway or Sudeikis might be interested as well.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.