(2017) (Dax Shepard, Michael Pena) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A straight-laced FBI agent teams up with a hot-dog rookie motorcycle cop to bring down a group of crooked cops in L.A.
- Castillo (MICHAEL PENA) is an FBI agent in Miami, whose rogue behavior draws the ire of both his boss, Peterson (ISIAH WHITLOCK JR.), and partner, Clay Allen (ADAM BRODY). He agrees to be reassigned to an internal affairs investigation in Los Angeles regarding some crooked motorcycle cops heisting armored cars. He infiltrates the California Highway Patrol, using the name Francis "Ponch" Poncherello. He is partnered with a rookie cop named Jon Baker (DAX SHEPARD), a former X Games daredevil who's joining law enforcement to impress his ex-wife, Karen (KRISTEN BELL).
The two officers butt heads immediately, with Ponch only wanting to close the case, not form attachments, and go home. Jon, meanwhile, insists on going by the book and focusing on writing traffic and parking tickets rather than investigating other officers. When they're not arguing about the job, they get into all sorts of discussions about sex, masturbation, sexting, bowel movements, and other raunchy and scatological subjects. Jon also flirts with another motorcycle cop named Ava (ROSA SALAZAR), while Ponch shares an attraction with fellow CHiP Lindsey (JESSICA McNAMEE).
It's not long before Ponch and Jon run afoul of the ringleader of the crime ring, veteran motorcycle cop Ray Kurtz Sr. (VINCENT D'ONOFRIO). Senior is pulling off the daring, daylight heists to get enough money to leave the country and seek the best treatment for his heroin-addicted son, Ray Jr. (JUSTIN CHATWIN). Despite (or maybe because of) their constant bickering and preoccupation with sex, Ponch and Jon stay just one step behind them throughout.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to its raunchy, R-rated elements.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude sexual content, graphic nudity, pervasive language, some violence, and drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.