(2017) (Timothee Chalamet, Armie Hammer) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A 17-year-old finds himself falling for a twenty-something grad student who's come to live with his family in northern Italy over the summer of 1983.
- It's the summer of 1983 and Elio Perlman (TIMOTHEE CHALAMET) is a 17-year-old living with his archaeologist dad (MICHAEL STUHLBARG) and mom, Annella (AMIRA CASAR), in northern Italy. The young man spends his warm summer days lounging by the pool or playing the piano while his summer nights are filled with thoughts of taking his relationship with his girlfriend, Marzia (ESTHER GARREL), to the next level.
Joining the family for part of the summer is twenty-something grad student, Oliver (ARMIE HAMMER), who's going to help Mr. Perlman with his work and will be staying in Oliver's room with the teen relegated to another bedroom connected via a shared bathroom.
Despite both initially appearing straight, Elio and Oliver allow their platonic friendship to develop into flirting and then something more between them. All of which means their budding romance has a limited time to blossom and flourish with Oliver scheduled to leave before the end of summer.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might be, especially with award buzz surrounding the film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content, nudity and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.