(2017) (Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: In the mid 21st century, a LAPD officer who's assigned to find and kill rebellious, older model android replicants makes a startling discovery that shakes his world and that of others.
- It's the year 2049 and K (RYAN GOSLING) is a "blade runner," a LAPD officer whose job is to find and kill older model realistic androids known as replicants that turned rebellious decades ago. Since then, they've been replaced by newer models built by industrialist Niander Wallace (JARED LETO), but with some of those older models still out and about, K takes his marching orders from Lieutenant Joshi (ROBIN WRIGHT) and tracks down and "retires" them.
After one such mission, K makes a startling discovery that Joshi claims could upset the balance of the world and she orders that the evidence be destroyed. It's something that also draws the interest of Niander who sends his ruthless assistant, Luv (SYLVIA HOEKS), to get her hands on the result of that discovery, but K wants to find that for himself, what with wondering how it might tie in with childhood memories he isn't even sure are real. With his "girlfriend" Joi (ANA DE ARMAS) in tow, he then sets out to find a former and now long-missing blade runner, Deckard (HARRISON FORD), in hopes that he might be able to help him uncover the truth.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of the original "Blade Runner" film, sci-fi movies in general, and/or who might be fans of anyone in the cast will likely be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, some sexuality, nudity and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.