(2017) (Zoey Deutch, Halston Sage) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A "mean girl" high school student reexamines her life and behavior when she suddenly ends up in a loop where the same day plays out over and over again.
- Samantha Kingston (ZOEY DEUTCH) is one of a quartet of "mean girls" at her high school, and along with Lindsay (HALSTON SAGE), Elody (MEDALION RAHIMI) and Ally (CYNTHY WU), she routinely makes fun of a lesbian classmate, Anna (LIV HEWSON), as well as a loner student, Juliet (ELENA KAMPOURIS), who draws dark art. But Samantha is most focused today -- "Cupid's Day -- on losing her virginity to her boyfriend, Rob (KIAN LAWLEY), at a party thrown by another student, Kent (LOGAN MILLER), who's secretly in love with her.
But the deflowering doesn't occur due to Rob being too drunk, not to mention the four girls publically shaming Juliet who's arrived to confront them. Being successful at that, the girls hop in Lindsay's SUV and head off at night, only to be involved in a single vehicle accident. But rather than wake up in the hospital, Samantha wakes up in her own bed, unscathed and confused to find that she's somehow ended up replaying the day before, including that late-night accident.
And thus begins a cycle where Cupid's Day plays out over and over again, with Samantha having no way to break the cycle no matter how she behaves or what she changes. From that point on, she goes through different reactions to this unexpected circumstance and begins to question her and her friends' past behavior.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it's about teenage girls, it's a good bet it will be a draw, especially if kids are fans of anyone in the cast or the book on which the film is based.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For mature thematic content involving drinking, sexuality, bullying, some violent images, and language-all involving teens.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.