(2017) (Ansel Elgort, Kevin Spacey) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Drama: A young man hopes for a new life with a waitress he's just met, all while serving as the getaway driver for a criminal mastermind and those executing his heists.
- Baby (ANSEL ELGORT) is a young man whose parents were killed in an auto accident when he was a child. That left him with a bad case of tinnitus which he offsets by always listening to music. That habit also helps with his driving skills, something he puts to good use while working off a debt to criminal kingpin Doc (KEVIN SPACEY) as the getaway driver for a variety of heists the latter orchestrates.
Doc never uses the same crime team combination twice, and thus Baby ends up working with the likes of lovers Buddy (JON HAMM) and Darling (ELIZA GONZALEZ) who seem to enjoy his company, as well as Bats (JAMIE FOXX) and Griff (JON BERNTHAL) who don't.
When he's not working as the getaway driver or helping care for his older and deaf foster dad, Joe (CJ JONES), Baby likes to hang out in the diner where his mom once worked, and it's there that he meets Debora (LILY JAMES), a new waitress who catches his eye and vice-versa. As a budding romance develops between the two, Baby believes he has just one last job to do for Doc and the two can then get away from their current lives. But when Doc comes calling again, Baby fully realizes that Debora's well-being could be in jeopardy whether he accepts the job or not.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast or the films by director Edgar Wright (such as "Shaun of the Dead").
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and language throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.