(2017) (Charlize Theron, James McAvoy) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A top MI6 agent must contend with various attempts on her life while trying to find and protect a stolen list of spies, uncover a possible double agent, and decide who she can and can't trust in her tangled world of espionage.
- It's 1989 and MI6 agent Lorraine Broughton (CHARLIZE THERON) is being questioned by her immediate superior, Eric Gray (TOBY JONES), as well as his CIA counterpart, Emmett Kurzfeld (JOHN GOODMAN), about a failed mission in West Berlin with the backdrop of the Berlin Wall about to fall. She was sent there not only to investigate the death of a spy colleague, but also rumors of a double agent and the troubling report that a list of spies had been stolen and could thus compromise all of MI6's operations and agents.
The story then rewinds to a few days before the interrogation when Lorraine -- an accomplished agent whose beauty hides her lethal abilities -- ends up teamed with MI6 station chief David Percival (JAMES McAVOY) who has in his company an East German man, Spyglass (EDDIE MARSAN), who's reportedly committed the entire stolen spy list to memory.
Lorraine doesn't trust David, which also holds true -- at least initially -- in regard to rookie French agent Delphine Lasalle (SOFIA BOUTELLA), although that initial mistrust quickly segues into a love affair. From that point on, Lorraine tries to get Spyglass to safety in order to protect the agent list, all while contending with a variety of attempts on her life.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teenagers into hard-hitting, highly stylized action films probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sequences of strong violence, language throughout, and some sexuality/nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.