(2017) (Blake Lively, Jason Clarke) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Upon regaining her eyesight via surgery, a young woman realizes her husband, their place and eventually their marriage isn't what she expected.
- Gina (BLAKE LIVELY) is a young woman living in Bangkok with her husband, James (JASON CLARKE). Unable to see due to a childhood accident that left her all but blind but didn't claim her life or that of her sister, Carla (AHNA O'REILLY), Gina is fairly dependant on James -- who she's never seen -- and teaches guitar lessons to their young neighbor, Lucy (KAITLIN OREM). Gina is also hoping to get pregnant, and when they're not busy trying to make that happen, she's excited about the prospects of surgery to be performed by Doctor Hughes (DANNY HUSTON) that might restore her sight in one eye.
That turns out to be successful, and with the daily use of steroid drops, her visions slowly but surely gets better. However, when she sets sights on James and their apartment, she feels disappointed that he and it aren't as she imagined, although she likes the handsome looks of an acquaintance and fellow dog walker, Daniel (WES CHATHAM). With her eyesight now restored, Gina becomes more independent, including when they travel to see Carla and her husband, Ramon (MIQUEL FERNANDEZ), and visit a peep show.
However, her growing independence and seeming dissatisfaction with James leaves him wondering if their relationship was better the way it used to be. As Gina's eyesight then starts to worsen, the question arises as to whether that's just a normal reaction to the surgery or if something nefarious is at play.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's not that likely if they're not fans of someone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong sexual content/nudity, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.