(2017) (Casey Affleck, Rooney Mara) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Following his death, a man returns to his former home as a sheet-covered ghost and silently watches both his wife grieve and the passage of time.
- C (CASEY AFFLECK) and M (ROONEY MARA) are a married couple living in a small house where he works as a musician or music producer of some sort. After he's killed in an auto accident, he returns to the house he never wanted to leave as an old-fashioned ghost, dressed in a head to toe sheet with black eye holes cut into that.
For long stretches of time, he stands motionless watching his widow grieve, with her unaware of his presence and trying to make sense of it all. And with the passage of time, she eventually leaves, others move in, and the house eventually falls into disrepair, all of which leads to time folding back on itself, resulting in the ghost witnessing something he couldn't have imagined.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might be intrigued, but it's hard to imagine a lot of kids would be interested in this (unless they're fans of either of the two leads).
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For brief language and a disturbing image.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.