(2017) (Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Three moms vow to take back Christmas and make it a low-key and stress-free holiday, but must contend with the arrival of their respective mothers and all of the related mother-daughter baggage that brings along for the holiday.
- Having commiserated and bonded over the daily stresses of being moms, Amy (MILA KUNIS), Kiki (KRISTEN BELL) and Carla (KATHRYN HAHN) are now fast friends. But with Christmas quickly approaching, Amy hates the thought of all of the related stress of making things perfect and decides she, her kids Dylan (EMJAY ANTHONY) and Jane (OONA LAURENCE), boyfriend Jessie (JAY HERNANDEZ) and his daughter, Lori (ARIANA GREENBLATT), are going to have a low-key, stress free holiday.
Kiki and Carla agree to this "take back Christmas" strategy, but before any of them can commit to pulling that off, all of their mothers show up. For Amy, that also means getting to see her dad, Hank (PETER GALLAGHER), but she dreads having to contend with her highly critical, perfectionist mother, Ruth (CHRISTINE BARANSKI), who's already decided to force her view of what a Christmas get-together with the family should be like, regardless of that being against Amy's direct wishes.
For Kiki, she must deal with her uber-clingy mom, Sandy (CHERYL HINES), who wants nothing more than to be with her daughter at all moments, including secretly being in the bedroom during her daughter's love-making and buying the house next door. And for Carla who works at a salon and has just fallen for fireman Ty (JUSTIN HARTLEY) who moonlights as a male stripper, she must contend with her inattentive, long-absent mom, Isis (SUSAN SARANDON), who usually only shows up when she needs money to pay off her gambling debts.
With Christmas fast approaching, the three women must contend with their mothers thwarting their laid-back Christmas plan, all while dealing with their various mother-daughter issues.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they enjoyed the original "Bad Moms" movie they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude sexual content and language throughout, and some drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.