(2017) (Mandy Moore, Claire Holt) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense: Two sisters must contend with being stuck forty-seven meters below the surface of the sea when their shark cage comes lose from their boat and sinks.
- Lisa (MANDY MOORE) and her sister, Kate (CLAIRE HOLT), are on vacation together in Mexico when Lisa informs Kate that she just broken up with her significant other. To help her get over that, Kate has them go out for a night on the town where they end up meeting and hitting it off with Louis (YANI GELLMAN) and Benjamin (SANTIAGO SEGUARA).
The two men suggest that the sisters join them the following day in going out into the sea and observing sharks from the safety of a steel cage. Kate is all for that, but Lisa is a bit hesitant, although she goes along and all four of them meet their captain, Taylor (MATTHEW MODINE), and his first mate of sorts, Javier (CHRIS J. JOHNSON).
They boat out into the open water, toss chum into that, and Louis and Benjamin take the first ride down five meters underwater to view the 20-foot sharks. Next up, it's Lisa and Kate's turn, and despite being nervous, they enjoy it once they're underwater.
That is, until the line holding their cage slips and drops them down to the seafloor, where they find themselves stuck 47 meters underwater. From that point on, and with sharks all around, and limited air in their scuba tanks, they try to figure out how to get themselves out of this dire predicament.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might be drawn to the plot, while Moore or anyone else in the cast might draw in others.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of intense peril, bloody images, and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.