(2016) (Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Two former fashion model stars come out of retirement to help Interpol figure out who's behind the murders of famous pop and rock stars.
- It's been fifteen years since models Derek Zoolander (BEN STILLER) and Hansel McDonald (OWEN WILSON) were at the top of their game in the fashion industry world. But following the collapse of the "Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too" -- that left Hansel's face scarred and Derek's wife, Matilda, dead, and ultimately led to child protection services taking away his custody of their son, Derek Zoolander Jr. (CYRUS ARNOLD) -- the models have all but disappeared. Derek has become a reclusive hermit in northern New Jersey, and Hansel has been actively involved with a group of orgy participants led by Kiefer Sutherland (KIEFER SUTHERLAND), while their former nemesis, Jacobim Mugatu (WILL FERRELL), is locked away in a fashion prison.
Since their disappearance, fashionista Alexanya Atoz (KRISTEN WIIG) has taken over the fashion world with the industry's number one model, Don Atari (KYLE MOONEY). Yet, she's sent an emissary (BILLY ZANE) to invite them to her runway show in Rome. But she's not the only one interested in working with them as agent Melanie Valentina (PENELOPE CRUZ), of Interpol's fashion police division, is seeking their help to crack a case she's working on. With Justin Bieber having just been gunned down, she's trying to figure out why someone has been murdering pop and rock stars, and why Bieber sent out a photo doing Derek's trademark "blue steel" gaze just before dying.
From that point on, and as they try to figure out the new fashion world, Derek hopes to be reunited with his son, all while all involved must contend with the treachery about to be unleashed by Mugatu.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first film or anyone in this sequel they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For crude and sexual content, a scene of exaggerated violence, and brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.