(2016) (Tina Fey, Margot Robbie) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A novice war reporter tries to make her mark in the industry while covering the war in Afghanistan in the mid 2000s.
- It's 2003 and Kim Baker (TINA FEY) is a news copy writer whose life is upended when she's assigned to be a war reporter. Leaving boyfriend Chris (JOSH CHARLES) back home in the states, Kim arrives in Afghanistan and is paired with local driver Fahim Ahmadzai (CHRISTOPHER ABBOTT), cameraman Tall Brian (NICHOLAS BRAUN), and her security man, Nic (STEPHEN PEACOCKE). After meeting seasoned war reporter Tanya Vanderpoel (MARGOT ROBBIE), who introduces her to the local party scene and advises her not to sleep with Scottish war photographer Iain MacKelpie (MARTIN FREEMAN), Kim heads out on patrol with the likes of Lance Corporal Coughlin (EVAN JONIGKEIT), interviewing him and the likes of Colonel (and future General) Hollanek (BILLY BOB THORNTON).
At the same time, she tries to score interviews with local officials, such as Ali Massoud Sadiq (ALFRED MOLINA), the soon-to-be Attorney General of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan who's willing to exchange info for the chance of bedding her. As the months pass by, Kim comes to find herself in this new role, but becomes addicted to the adrenaline rush of rushing into danger, and must contend with the network back home cutting back its desire or need for her war coverage.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Anyone who's a fan of someone in the cast or who has some interest in the war in Afghanistan might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive language, some sexual content, drug use and violent war images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.