(2016) (Tina Fey, Margot Robbie) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A novice war reporter tries to make her mark in the industry while covering the war in Afghanistan in the mid 2000s.
- It's 2003 and Kim Baker (TINA FEY) is a news copy writer whose life is upended when she's assigned to be a war reporter. Leaving boyfriend Chris (JOSH CHARLES) back home in the states, Kim arrives in Afghanistan and is paired with local driver Fahim Ahmadzai (CHRISTOPHER ABBOTT), cameraman Tall Brian (NICHOLAS BRAUN), and her security man, Nic (STEPHEN PEACOCKE). After meeting seasoned war reporter Tanya Vanderpoel (MARGOT ROBBIE), who introduces her to the local party scene and advises her not to sleep with Scottish war photographer Iain MacKelpie (MARTIN FREEMAN), Kim heads out on patrol with the likes of Lance Corporal Coughlin (EVAN JONIGKEIT), interviewing him and the likes of Colonel (and future General) Hollanek (BILLY BOB THORNTON).
At the same time, she tries to score interviews with local officials, such as Ali Massoud Sadiq (ALFRED MOLINA), the soon-to-be Attorney General of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan who's willing to exchange info for the chance of bedding her. As the months pass by, Kim comes to find herself in this new role, but becomes addicted to the adrenaline rush of rushing into danger, and must contend with the network back home cutting back its desire or need for her war coverage.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Anyone who's a fan of someone in the cast or who has some interest in the war in Afghanistan might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive language, some sexual content, drug use and violent war images.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.