(2016) (Morris Chestnut, Regina Hall) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: A couple hires a woman to be the surrogate mother for their child, but must contend with her becoming obsessed with the man of the house.
- John (MORRIS CHESTNUT) and Laura Taylor (REGINA HALL) are a successful and well-to-do couple living in New Orleans. He's a lawyer about to make partner, while she's a chef about to be promoted to CEO. But the one thing they're missing in their life is having a family, and after three miscarriages, they're now looking into using a surrogate to carry their last frozen embryo to term. They believe they've found the right woman in 21-year-old waitress Anna Walsh (JAZ SINCLAIR), a sweet and shy girl whose boyfriend, Mike Mitchell (THEO ROSSI), is about to be deployed once again overseas.
Everything seems perfect, although John is a bit uneasy about Mike, and that's later proven true when the soldier beats up Anna. Knowing Mike will be shipped out in ten days, John gives him the ultimatum of leaving Anna alone for good or face the legal consequences of his actions. To ensure her safety, he and Laura invite the young woman to live in their guest house while carrying their child. All seems well until Anna starts to develop a crush on John, something he initially dismisses but becomes increasingly concerned about.
So much so that he contacts his private eye friend, Roland White (MICHAEL K. WILLIAMS), to look into her and Mike's past, something that reveals troubling details. Not wanting to upset Laura, John doesn't tell her about what he's learned or of Anna's actions. But as things progressively get worse, it's uncertain how things will play out or what will happen to their unborn child.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of anyone in the cast or like these sorts of domestic thrillers featuring outsiders who become increasingly psychotic.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, sexuality/partial nudity, thematic elements, some disturbing images, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.