(2016) (Casey Affleck, Chiwetel Ejiofor) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Crime Drama: A group of bad cops and ex-military ops plan to put another cop in harm's way in order to pull off a heist ordered by the mob.
- In Atlanta, cops Marcus Atwood (ANTHONY MACKIE) and Jorge Rodriguez (CLIFTON COLLINS, JR.) have joined forces with ex-military ops Michael Belmont (CHIWETEL EJIOFOR), Russell Welch (NORMAN REEDUS) and that man's troubled brother, Gabe Welch (AARON PAUL), to form a criminal unit that works for Irina Vlaslov (KATE WINSLET). She runs a Jewish Russian mob organization while her husband serves time behind bars. Michael is her contact and he's further wrapped up in the crime family by having fathered a child with Irina's sister, Elena (GAL GADOT).
Their latest bank heist and its military style precision has Det. Jeffrey Allen (WOODY HARRELSON) on the case. He's a veteran of the force who, when not partaking in any number of drugs, has been responsible to some degree for his nephew, Chris Allen (CASEY AFFLECK), joining the force. Already seasoned through his work elsewhere, he bristles at how Marcus treats him on the streets, although he's unaware of his new cop partner's after hours activities.
Those now include another heist ordered by Irina, and one that will be decidedly more difficult to pull off. Accordingly, Rodriguez proposes that they utilize the downing of another cop -- known as code 999 -- in order to draw forces to that officer and thus away from their robbery. As that plan is put into motion, Chris is unaware that he's the target of their ploy.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be interested, especially if they're into crime dramas and/or are fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence and language throughout, drug use and some nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.