(2016) (Adam Greaves-Neal, Sara Lazzaro) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: As they travel from Alexandria to Jerusalem, young Jesus and his immediate and extended family must contend with a Roman centurion sent to kill him and a demon determined to undermine the messiah, all while the boy tries to understand the miracles he can perform.
- Seven years after his birth, young Jesus (ADAM GREAVES-NEAL) lives with his parents, Mary (SARA LAZZARO) and Joseph (VINCENT WALSH), and older brother, James (FINN McLEOD IRELAND), in Alexandria, Egypt, what with having fled their homeland and the earlier decree for the execution of all young male children in the vicinity of Bethlehem. After Jesus is accused of killing a slightly older bully -- something actually done by a Demon (RORY KEENAN) who's determined to undermine the young messiah -- but then miraculously resurrects the dead boy, Joseph decides -- based on that and a prophetic dream he had -- that they should return to Jerusalem.
Along with his parents and his uncle, Cleopas (CHRISTIAN McKAY), and that man's family, Jesus sets out on foot for Nazareth and ultimately Jerusalem. But when King Herod (JONATHAN BAILEY) gets wind of the young boy who's reportedly performing miracles, he orders a Roman centurion, Severus (SEAN BEAN), and his men -- including Weer (CLIVE RUSSELL) -- to find and kill the boy. With the help of others, the extended family manages to remain safe, all while Jesus ponders his unique abilities and his family struggles over the decision about whether to inform him that he's the son of God.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're curious about what Jesus might have been like as a 7-year-old boy.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some violence and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.