(2016) (Blake Lively, Oscar Jaenada) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense: A young woman must contend with being stranded just off shore following a shark attack.
- Nancy Adams (BLAKE LIVELY) is a young woman who's contemplating her future, particularly whether to finish her studies in medical school. Accordingly, she's taken a respite by heading to her late mother's favorite surfing beach in a remote part of Mexico, leaving her younger sister, Chloe (SEDONA LEGGE) and their father (BRETT CULLEN) back in Galveston. Driven to the beach by friendly local Carlos (OSCAR JAENADA), Nancy spots two other surfers riding the waves, but pretty much keeps to herself.
When they head in and she goes back out for one last ride, things take a turn for the worse. Happening upon a whale carcass, she gets an uneasy feeling and decides to head back. But a huge shark knocks her from her board and then attacks her again, with her then scrambling to the small safety of a rocky outcrop in the water some two hundred yards off the shore. Alone and suffering from deep lacerations on her leg, she must figure out what to do, especially with the shark still nearby and high tide eventually coming, meaning her rock will eventually be covered and she'll have to make a risky swim to a nearby buoy.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into films like "Jaws" they might show some interest, which also holds true for fans of lead actress Blake Likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For bloody images, intense sequences of peril, and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.