(2016) (Elle Fanning, Jena Malone) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A sixteen-year-old takes the modeling world by storm and must contend with those drawn in by or who are jealous of her natural beauty.
- Jesse (ELLE FANNING) is a 16-year-old who's arrived in Los Angeles in hopes of becoming a model and is residing in a seedy motel run by Hank (KEANU REEVES) who's seen pretty girls like her come and go through his place. After a session creating some avant-garde photos taken by young photographer Dean (KARL GLUSMAN), Jesse meets makeup artist Ruby (JENA MALONE) -- who works on both models and corpses and is immediately smitten by the young beauty -- and quickly lands an agent, along with a photo shoot in front of demanding professional photographer Jack (DESMOND HARRINGTON).
That doesn't sit well with Ruby's friends, Sarah (ABBEY LEE) and Gigi (BELLA HEATHCOTE), who've worked hard to make it in the modeling world and don't like this young novice grabbing all of the attention. As Jesse's natural beauty wins over the decision makers in the modeling world and she becomes increasingly conceited about that, she must contend with Ruby's growing attraction to her as well as Sarah and Gigi's jealousy of her quick ascension in the industry.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might show some interest, as might those who are fans of Fanning, Malone or others in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For disturbing violent content, bloody images, graphic nudity, a scene of aberrant sexuality, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.