(2016) (Neel Sethi, voice of Bill Murray) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Adventure: When a vindictive tiger threatens to harm others if he isn't given a "man-cub" to kill, other animals in the boy's life decide he should be returned to his own kind for his own safety and that of others in the jungle.
- Mowgli (NEEL SETHI) is a boy who lives in a jungle filled with a menagerie of all sorts of animals. When a tiger, Shere Khan (voice of IDRIS ELBA), killed his father years ago only to run off after having his face burned by a torch, the toddler was found by Bagheera (voice of BEN KINGSLEY), a wise panther who's since helped raise the "man-cub" along with the help of a wolf pack led by Akela (voice of GIANCARLO ESPOSITO) and Raksha (voice of LUPITA NYONG'O Louie). Mowgli thinks he's a wolf and lives like one, and everyone seems content with the unusual arrangement.
When a severe drought during the dry season forces a peace truce among all of the animals that have assembled at a watering hole, however, Shere Khan arrives and smells out the boy and wants his revenge. Bagheera eventually realizes it's in everyone's best interest if he leads Mowgli to a human encampment, but an attack by Shere Khan leaves him injured and Mowgli on the run.
Now alone in the jungle, he ends up saved from a hypnotic python, Kaa (voice of SCARLETT JOHANSSON), by the honey-loving, laid-back bear, Baloo (voice of BILL MURRAY), who ends up joining forces with Bagheera to do the same again when gargantuan orangutan King Louie (voice of CHRISTOPHER WALKEN) has his monkey goons kidnap the boy.
He offers Mowgli protection in exchange for getting him the humans' "red flower" -- fire -- that he'll then use to rule the jungle. But their biggest concern is keeping the boy safe from Shere Khan who's steadfast in his determination to find and kill the boy.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some sequences of scary action and peril.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.