(2016) (Chris Hemsworth, Emily Blunt) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Fantasy Action/Drama: A huntsman tries to find Snow White's missing magic mirror before an evil ice queen gets her hands on it.
- Once upon a time, an evil queen, Ravenna (CHARLIZE THERON) ruled the lands, helped and guided by a magic mirror. Her sister, Freya (EMILY BLUNT), had no special powers like her sibling. But that all changed when the father of her child killed their baby, causing Freya to transform into the Ice Queen, kill that man, and then begin her reign of terror.
Beyond killing others to control her part of the world, that also included taking in the orphaned children of those she had killed, and training them to become future warriors for her army. The only rule was that love was forbidden, something that two of her now young adult soldiers, Eric (CHRIS HEMSWORTH), and Sara (JESSICA CHASTAIN), eventually broke. Confronted by Freya's soldiers, Eric watched Sara be killed, only to be knocked out and thrown into a river.
Seven years later, Eric is a Huntsman who previously helped Snow White defeat Ravenna. But the evil mirror has been adversely affecting Snow White, so she had it sent away, although both it and those transporting it have since disappeared. When he realizes Freya has been spying on him from afar and now knows the mirror could be hers for the taking, Eric sets out to find it, accompanied by dwarf siblings Nion (NICK FROST) and Gryff (ROB BRYDON).
They're eventually joined by two other dwarves, Mrs. Bromwyn (SHERIDAN SMITH) and Doreena (ALEXANDRA ROACH), and face various perils and surprises as they attempt to find the mirror before Freya does.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they liked the first film, "Snow White and the Huntsman," they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For fantasy action violence and some sensuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.