(2016) (Natalie Dormer, Taylor Kinney) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A woman looks for her twin sister in a haunted forest known for the suicides that take place inside it.
- Sara Price (NATALIE DORMER) has always felt a special connection with her twin sister, Jess (NATALIE DORMER), even when they're separated by an ocean due to Jess taking a job teaching English to schoolgirls in Tokyo. When Sara learns that her sister has been reported missing and was last seen heading into the Aokigahara Forest, notorious for being a place where people go to commit suicide, she leaves her husband, Rob (EOIN MACKEN), back in the U.S. while she flies to Japan.
There, she learns about the legend of the forest and the spirits within it that will make one sad and then suicidal should they wander off the main path. Sara doesn't believe any of that, but travel writer Aiden (TAYLOR KINNEY) seems to, and despite having just met her, he arranges for forest guide Michi (YUKIYOSHI OZAWA) to lead them through the dense woods to look for her sister. As they do so, Michi warns her that anything weird she sees is in her head and not real.
When they find Jess' tent, Sara decides to stay there overnight, despite Michi's strong objections, and Aiden decides to join her to provide protection. As the night and then next day arrive, strange things start happening in the forest, including encounters with people or ghosts, one of whom warns Sara not to trust Aiden as she continues searching for her missing sister.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror films, they might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For disturbing thematic content and images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.