(2016) (Hailee Steinfeld, Haley Lu Richardson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A self-deprecating and unhappy teenager must contend with her best friend suddenly dating her brother.
- It's been four years since the heart attack death of her doting father and nearly 17-year-old Nadine (HAILEE STEINFELD) is an unhappy, drama queen teenager. She and her older, more popular brother, Darian (BLAKE JENNER), live with their mom, Mona (KRYA SEDGWICK), and Nadine's only true friend is fellow classmate Krista (HALEY LU RICHARDSON). The only other person she believes she can talk to is one of her teachers, Mr. Bruner (WOODY HARRELSON), who can be just as snarky and sarcastic back to her the way she is to him.
While she has the hots for classmate Nick (ALEXANDER CALVERT), she doesn't fully realize that another student, Erwin (HAYDEN SZETO), is obviously interested in her. Even if she had, her world would still have been turned upside down when a tipsy Krista ends up in bed with Darian and the two become a couple. That unexpected development throws Nadine for a major loop, puts her at odds with both her friend and brother, and only deepens her anger toward her mother. From that point on, she must contend with her unhappiness and figure out what she wants to do and be.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The teenage high school angle will certainly be appealing to some, while fans of anyone in the cast could also show interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content, language and some drinking - all involving teens
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.