(2016) (Hailee Steinfeld, Haley Lu Richardson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A self-deprecating and unhappy teenager must contend with her best friend suddenly dating her brother.
- It's been four years since the heart attack death of her doting father and nearly 17-year-old Nadine (HAILEE STEINFELD) is an unhappy, drama queen teenager. She and her older, more popular brother, Darian (BLAKE JENNER), live with their mom, Mona (KRYA SEDGWICK), and Nadine's only true friend is fellow classmate Krista (HALEY LU RICHARDSON). The only other person she believes she can talk to is one of her teachers, Mr. Bruner (WOODY HARRELSON), who can be just as snarky and sarcastic back to her the way she is to him.
While she has the hots for classmate Nick (ALEXANDER CALVERT), she doesn't fully realize that another student, Erwin (HAYDEN SZETO), is obviously interested in her. Even if she had, her world would still have been turned upside down when a tipsy Krista ends up in bed with Darian and the two become a couple. That unexpected development throws Nadine for a major loop, puts her at odds with both her friend and brother, and only deepens her anger toward her mother. From that point on, she must contend with her unhappiness and figure out what she wants to do and be.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The teenage high school angle will certainly be appealing to some, while fans of anyone in the cast could also show interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content, language and some drinking - all involving teens
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.