(2016) (Benjamin Walker, Teresa Palmer) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Despite a rocky start, neighbors in a small coastal town end up falling for each other.
- In a small coastal North Carolina town, Gabby Holland (TERESA PALMER) is a medical student who's just moved in next door to Travis Shaw (BENJAMIN WALKER). The two immediately clash, what with Travis' small parties with his friends and on-again, off-again girlfriend, Monica (ALEXANDRA DADDARIO), disturbing her studies. But Travis' charming southern ways -- that he also uses as a veterinarian working alongside his widowed father, Shep (TOM WILKINSON) -- have an effect on Gabby. That's all too obvious to Travis' sister, Stephanie (MAGGIE GRACE), and notwithstanding Gabby having a boyfriend in Ryan (TOM WELLING), a local doctor.
Despite their initial, half-hearted adversarial interactions, a spark develops between Travis and Gabby, especially when Ryan goes away for a few weeks for work. From that point on, the two must decide what their relationship means, and must contend with unexpected developments.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of movies based on Nicholas Sparks' novels, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexual content and some thematic issues.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.