(2016) (voices of Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy: An angry bird must contend with no one seeing the same danger when lots of pigs arrive on their bird island.
- On an island of flightless birds, Red (JASON SUDEIKIS) is the outcast, due not only to being a sarcastic sourpuss, but also because of his anger issues that have resulted in him living in a house on the beach by himself, far from everyone else. When his anger gets the best of him yet again, Judge Peckinpah (KEEGAN-MICHAEL KEY) orders that he attend anger management classes taught by Matilda (MAYA RUDOLPH). Joining him is the fast-talking and fast-moving Chuck (JOSH GAD); Bomb (DANNY McBRIDE) who literally explodes if pushed too far; and the hulking Terence (SEAN PENN) who does little more than growl and appear menacing.
Their classes are interrupted by the arrival of a ship of pigs led by Leonard (BILL HADER). Red is pretty sure they're up to no good, but Judge Peckinpah and the rest welcome the visitors who go to great lengths to feed and entertain them. But when Red, Chuck and Bomb discover the pigs' ship filled with even more pigs and lots of TNT, they decide they must seek out the legendary protector of their lands, Mighty Eagle (PETER DINKLAGE), for help, despite that bird having not been seen for years.
When that doesn't play out as they expected, they must come up with another plan, especially when the pigs steal all of the birds' eggs and set sail for a return trip to their own island.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the "Angry Birds" game they probably will, while the computer-animated talking animals angle might draw in others as well.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For rude humor and action.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.