(2016) (Tom Hanks, Aaron Eckhart) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Following the emergency landing of a passenger jet in the Hudson River right after takeoff, a pilot must contend with the aftermath of that event, including news coverage, emotional duress, and NTSB investigations that indicate he might have made the wrong choice.
- It's January 15, 2009, and pilot Chesley 'Sully' Sullenberger (TOM HANKS) and co-pilot Jeff Skiles (AARON ECKHART) have lifted off in US Airways Flight 1549 from LaGuardia Airport, headed for Charlotte. Just minutes into the flight, however, a flock of Canada geese strikes the Airbus A320, causing dual engine failure. Realizing they probably can't make it back to LaGuardia, Sully decides to ditch the plane into the icy Hudson River. Miraculously, everyone aboard the flight is rescued and survives, and while Sully's wife back home, Lorraine (LAURA LINNEY), worries about him, he and Jeff find their actions scrutinized by the NTSB.
All of which makes Sully, who then suffers from some related PTSD, start to second guess his actions, what with black box readouts and computer simulations indicating the river landing wasn't needed. With an NTSB hearing scheduled in New York casting doubt on what transpired, Sully replays the incident in his head, all while hoping evidence and other findings vindicate him and his decisions and actions.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're interested in the real story or are fans of Hanks or anyone else in the film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some peril and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.