(2016) (Tika Sumpter, Parker Sawyers) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A college student and his law firm advisor go on their first date.
- It's 1989 and Michelle Robinson (TIKA SUMPTER) is a young woman who still lives at home with her parents -- to help care for her father who has MS -- while working as a second-year associate at a Chicago law firm. She's determined to prove her worth as a black woman, and thus has no interest in dating Barack Obama (PARKER SAWYERS), a Harvard college student who's spending his summer working at her firm where she's his advisor.
Undeterred, he's invited her to attend a community event, although he misleads her about the start time so that they can spend a few hours before that getting to know each other. She's reluctant, but since she's already there she agrees on the condition that he confirm it's not a date. He does and they visit an art gallery where they get to know each other, all before attending the community event where he shows his leadership qualities and impresses her. As the day wears on, a spark starts to develop between the two, eventually softening her stance on the status of their outing.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're intrigued by what might have occurred on Barack and Michelle Obama's first date.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For brief strong language, smoking, a violent image and a drug reference.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.