(2016) (Naomi Watts, Oliver Platt) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Thriller: A clinical psychologist fears she is losing her mind while caring for her near-comatose stepson while possibly being terrorized by another young boy.
- Mary (NAOMI WATTS) is a clinical psychologist living in rural Maine. Tragedy has struck her life recently when a car accident claimed the life of her husband and rendered her stepson, Stephen (CHARLIE HEATON), brain-damaged and near comatose. She cares for him out of her home, which also doubles as an office for her counseling practice.
Her specialty is helping emotionally disturbed and troubled children and teens. One of her patients is a nine-year-old, hearing impaired boy named Tom (JACOB TREMBLAY), who eventually runs away from his care facility to hide in her garage. He then runs away from Mary and disappears altogether.
Not long after, Mary starts having nightmares and visions of the boy stalking her in her own home and of Stephen walking around. Her therapist, Dr. Wilson (OLIVER PLATT), believes she is suffering from sleep deprivation and counsels her via video chat. Meanwhile, she shares an attraction with Doug (DAVID CUBITT), the father of one of her patients. With plans to send Stephen to a care facility, she hopes to move on. But will she let herself? Or is there someone really stalking her?
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to the PG-13 rating and the presence of Charlie Heaton of "Stranger Things" in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror and some violence/bloody images, nudity, thematic elements, and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.