(2016) (Joseph Fiennes, Tom Felton) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A Roman tribune has his beliefs challenged when he is tasked with investigating the disappearance of Christ's body following the crucifixion.
- It's A.D. 33 and Clavius (JOSEPH FIENNES) is a Roman military tribune who believes in his Roman gods, but not those of other religions around him. With Yeshua (CLIFF CURTIS), a.k.a. Jesus, having become the messiah for the Jews of this occupied land, Pontius Pilate (PETER FIRTH) wants Clavius to oversee the religious leader's crucifixion, and assigns young tribune Lucius (TOM FELTON) to accompany him. Despite the common practice of simply burying the crucified in a mass grave, Lucius allows the messiah's followers to take Yeshua's body and place it in a tomb, with the caveat that it be sealed and guarded by two Roman soldiers.
When those men end up drunk and fall asleep, it's discovered that Yeshua's body has vanished. Fearing how this could be perceived by his followers and the rest of the Jews and could result in an uprising, Pontius Pilate orders Clavius to find Yeshua's body as well as those who took it, and persecute them. The tribune then goes about that work, interrogating those who knew Yeshua, including Mary Magdalene (MARIA BOTT), a prostitute who was one of his followers. As Clavius continues on his quest, however, he soon comes to believe in Yeshua as more than just a mortal man, including that he indeed may have been resurrected.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're intrigued by a different angle on Christ's resurrection, they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For Biblical violence including some disturbing images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.