(2016) (Ice Cube, Kevin Hart) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Comedy: Two Atlanta cops have less than a week to nab a Miami drug dealer so that the one officer can return to Georgia and marry his partner's sister.
- No-nonsense Atlanta Police Detective James Payton (ICE CUBE) is back and hot on the trail of another elusive crime lord named Antonio Pope (BENJAMIN BRATT). Once again, he is teamed with motor-mouthed rookie cop Ben Barber (KEVIN HART), who is only a week away from marrying James' sister, Angela (TIKA SUMPTER). James still doesn't believe Ben has what it takes to make it as a police officer, so he gets permission from Lieutenant Brooks (BRUCE McGILL) to take Ben on assignment to Miami and mix it up with Pope and his murderous gang of henchmen.
But when the two get to Florida, they are surprised to learn that Pope presents himself as a respected, legitimate businessman and philanthropist. So, the two join forces with a tough homicide detective, Maya (OLIVIA MUNN), and a cyber criminal named AJ (KEN JEONG), who's on the run after stealing money from Pope. Together, they seek to bring down Antonio's drug empire.
Meanwhile, back in Georgia, Angela is planning the nuptials of her dreams, but she is being manipulated by a rigid, controlling wedding planner, Cori (SHERRI SHEPHERD). And the longer the week drags on, the more worried she becomes, fearing that Ben will not make it back in time to get hitched.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Due to the PG-13 rating and Kevin Hart's popularity with young people, teenagers will have some interest, especially if they liked the first film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of violence, sexual content, language, and some drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.