(2016) (Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A documentary follows the fallout of a disastrous sophomore album from a solo singer who was once part of a famous boy band.
- In this faux documentary, Conner (ANDY SAMBERG), Owen (JORMA TACCONE) and Lawrence (AKIVA SCHAFFER) grew up as best friends and formed the wildly successful and popular boy band, The Style Boyz. But when Conner later took credit for all of their success, the band split up. While Lawrence eventually became a farmer, Conner refashioned himself as the solo performer Conner4real, hired Owen as his deejay, and took the world by storm with his debut album release. With his sophomore debut in the queue, his team -- including manager Harry (TIM MEADOWS), publicist Paula (SARAH SILVERMAN) and members of his entourage such as Sponge (JAMES BUCKLEY) -- is working overtime to make sure it's as big of a success as the last record.
But when it flops and gets bad reviews, Conner's world starts to unravel. Following a disastrous on-stage stunt that goes wildly wrong, Conner's team suggests he publicly propose to his girlfriend, Ashley (IMOGEN POOTS), but even that backfires. As does the hiring of profane rapper Hunter the Hungry (CHRIS REDD) as his tour's opening act, only because he ends up surpassing Conner's popularity. From that point on, and as things keep falling apart all around him, Conner and those left on his side try to figure out a way to save his career before it's too late.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of Samberg, anyone else in the cast, or hard-R rated comedies might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some graphic nudity, language throughout, sexual content and drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.