(2016) (Jason Bateman, Jennifer Aniston) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: To impress a potential client, a technology firm throws a holiday party that quickly gets out of control.
- It's the holiday season, and Clay Vanstone (T.J. MILLER) has inherited the Chicago branch office of his recently deceased father's technology company. The office is full of sad-sacks, ranging from newly divorced Josh (JASON BATEMAN) and lonely tech-head Tracey (OLIVIA MUNN) to HR pencil-pusher Mary (KATE McKINNON) and frazzled office manager and single mom Allison (VANESSA BAYER).
Clay's bitter, Type A sister, Carol (JENNIFER ANISTON), is interim CEO of the entire corporation and is looking to make that interim status permanent. This means ever since being handed the reins, she has been closing offices, cutting costs, and resetting production goals. Her next target is the Chicago branch if Clay doesn't double the office's sales figures by the end of the year. Clay's only hope is to woo a big account headed by the straight-laced Walter Davis (COURTNEY B. VANCE).
After meeting Walter, Clay, Josh, and Tracey deduce that the man just craves some fun and to work with a firm that has a great corporate culture. Against Carol's wishes, they decide to throw the office party to end all office parties. It quickly gets out of hand thanks to an engineer Nate (KARAN SONI), who hires a hooker Savannah (ABBEY LEE) to be his date, then runs afoul of her pimp, Trina (JILLIAN BELL); new-hire Fred, who crushes on Allison but hides a secret fetish; and Jeremy (ROB CORDDRY), who just wants to have a raucous good time before the company lays him off.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to the R rating and raunchy content.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude sexual content and language throughout, drug use, and graphic nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.