(2016) (Kevin Spacey, Jennifer Garner) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A workaholic millionaire is rendered comatose; becomes trapped inside the body of his family's cat; and learns valuable life lessons about his wife, son, and daughter.
- Tom Brand (KEVIN SPACEY) is a corporate mogul and one of the richest men in Manhattan. His current ambition is to build the tallest building in North America. But he is challenged by an upstart rival, Ian Cox (MARK CONSUELOS), who wants to take the company public, and hampered by a son, David (ROBBIE AMELL), who has shown little promise for following in his footsteps.
Tom works so hard that he often neglects his beautiful second wife, Lara (JENNIFER GARNER), and cute 11-year-old daughter, Rebecca (MELINA WEISSMAN). On her birthday, he tries to make it up to his little girl by buying her a cat from a mysterious pet shop owner named Felix Perkins (CHRISTOPHER WALKEN). But when he does a header off his building and miraculously doesn't die, he finds himself trapped inside the body of the cat while his body lies comatose in a hospital bed.
He comes to learn that his only chance of getting his former life back is to reconnect with his wife and child even as Ian is trying to steal the company out from under him and his ex-wife, Madison (CHERYL HINES), and her young daughter, Nicole (TALITHA BATEMAN), hang around Lara and Rebecca and talk bad about him.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes. It's one of the few PG-rated films in cinemas this summer, and it's a family comedy featuring a talking cat.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For thematic elements, language, and some rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.