(2016) (Don Cheadle, Ewan McGregor) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A reporter tries to get a story about a legendary but mercurial jazz musician who hasn't delivered any new music in years.
- It's the 1970s and legendary jazz musician Miles Davis (DON CHEADLE) hasn't delivered any new music in years, although rumors abound about a session tape he's recorded but no one's heard. Wannabe music reporter Dave Brill (EWAN McGREGOR) -- pretending to be working for Rolling Stone -- manages to convince Miles to let him into his life, if anything for the promise of being able to get him the best cocaine in town.
Others are interested in the session tape as well, including music manager Harper Hamilton (MICHAEL STUHLBARG) who sees his young client, Junior (KEITH STANFIELD), as the legend's likely successor. But while dealing with all of that, Miles is fixated on his failed marriage to dancer Frances Taylor (EMAYATZY CORINEALDI) years earlier, a romance that was doomed by his drug use, womanizing ways and erratic behavior.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into jazz music (especially that of Miles Davis) or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong language throughout, drug use, some sexuality/nudity and brief violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.